From upholstered furniture and wallpapers to cushions, lampshades and window dressings, textiles are a wonderfully easy and creative way to update every room in your home. Charles Parsons shows us seven ways with fabric
1. Bring some ethnic flair to your living room by reupholstering your dining chairs or settee with Marrakech, a wonderful big ikat design in six authentic colours. Whether you’ve been to Morocco or not, this fabric is sure to bring a sense of adventure into your home.
2. These single-sided shadow floral printed linen cushions in turquoise by Florence Broadhurst are an easy way to add a dash of colour to your bedroom. Scatter two or three on your bed over a lemon throw for an on-trend boost.
3. Add a dash of laidback sophistication to your home with the classic, beachy Newport Collection fabrics. The combination of thick and thin stripes with a rustic plain look wonderful made up as cushions and curtains.
4. Introduce an element of play into your loungeroom with Chanel, a heavily textured fabric with vibrant tones. It matches beautifully with the neutral, textural Coco fabric.
5. Sheer curtains add elegance to any room. These striped sheer curtains feature alternating embroidered-effect pinstripes with subtly textured voile panels, perfect for those rooms where you want to introduce some beautifully soft sunlight.
6. Pops of vibrant lime contrast refreshingly against muted khaki, soft grey and charcoal in this Free Range collection of fabrics. The playful designs, including polkadots and dogs, look wonderful made up as bunting or hangings in your child’s playroom.
7. You can’t go past cushions when it comes to dressing up your home in the latest colours and motifs. We adore vibrant Rapee cushions in summery hues of lime and pineapple for adding a colour pop to your sunroom or outdoor balcony.
Written by Danielle Kirk