A Kitchens and Bathrooms Quarterly favourite, Kellie Stuart invites us into her home and shares her top style tips and her favourite stores, so steal her style and create your own rustic revelation.
Name: Kellie Stuart
Style: Rustic French
Shades of Pale — 48 Sailors Rd, Northbridge NSW
Elements I Love — Shop 2/276 Devonshire St, Surry Hills NSW
eBay — stores.ebay.com.au/Antique-French-Design
Collections by Kate – ebay.com.au/sch/collectionsbykateonline
La Maison Beautiful Living — 276 Devonshire St, Surry Hills NSW
Kellie’s styling advice:
1. Start with your choice of doors, then move on to wall colour, then flooring, to pull your look together.
2. Always use a neutral wall colour, as colour trends change through time. Bring in colour with cushions, rugs and throws.
3. My favourite palette to work from is greys, whites, and beige, with a touch of wood.
1. Ornamental piece from France — also available from Shades of Pale
2. Kitchen by Impala Kitchens with shaker profile doors; Lights — Early Settler; Seating — Matt Blatt
3. French oak floors — Salvage Floors; Appliances — Winning Appliances; Tapware — Leader Bathrooms; Sink — Abey Australia. Facing page: Table — Freedom; Chandelier — eBay; Pom poms on chandelier — marthastewart.com/crafts
4. Kellie with daughters Chelsea & Eliza; Cabinetry — Academic Wardrobes; Lounge — Domayne
5. Tapware & basin — Harvey Norman
6. Showerhead — Harvey Norman; Tiles — Earp Brothers
7. Marble floor tiles — Domayne Bathrooms; Carrera Penny Rounds Wall Tiles — Terra Nova; Side table — Recollections; Chandelier — French Heritage
8. Mirror — Mirror Gallery; Cabinetry — eBay; Wall sconce — Pearl Lighting
Edit by Karen Miles
Words by Suzy Michael
Photography by Sue Stubs
Originally from Kitchens & Bathrooms Quarterly magazine Vol. 20 No.2