With glittering chandeliers and velvet-soft upholstery, Sydney’s award-winning est. restaurant has mastered informal opulence. Re-create the look in your own home, right here.
Interior design inspiration: est. restaurant, Sydney
Awarded three chef hats every year for the past nine years, there’s no doubt est. in Sydney’s CBD is top of its game for food and wine. The interior design also receives top marks for how it blends original features, such as the columns and decorative ceiling, into a contemporary space. An overall feeling of informal opulence is achieved thanks to the comfortable upholstered seating, stylish sideboards, chandeliers and lamps. The look is uncluttered and in true fine-dining style, finished with crisp white tablecloths. merivale.com.au/est
GET THE LOOK
1. Coco Republic coral on stand, $225, cocorepublic.com.au
2. Coco Republic Kasbah chandelier with nickel and crystal trims with brass fittings, $2595, cocorepublic.com.au
TIP: Inconspicuous downlights allow the decorative ceiling and feature chandeliers to shine, embracing the building’s old-world charm.
3. Kirk buffet by Oly San Francisco at Coco Republic, $2855, cocorepublic.com.au
4. Dare Gallery Lancaster Carver dining chair, in natural or mule fabric with natural or espresso legs, $299, daregallery.com.au
5. Restaurant-quality white tablecloth available in three sizes, $44.95–$84.95, and napkin, $6.95, rapee.com.au
6. Sofia lamp table with ceramic base finished in a chartreuse crackle glaze, shade available in white, natural linen or black silk, $510, ecochic.com.au
By Luisa Volpato
From Kitchens & Bathrooms Quarterly magazine Vol. 20 No. 1