CROSSRAY- A history of technological innovation and development over 10 years
Thermofilm Australia Pty Ltd is proud to announce the launch of the new Award-Winning CROSSRAY Infra-red range of BBQ’s, available nationally at Harvey Norman.
The design challenge was to create something truly “NEW” in the BBQ market, to make barbecuing easier, smarter and better… to increase your BBiQ:
- Redefine the outdoor gas BBQ so that it can perform exactly like cooking outdoors over a bed of red hot coals.
- Create an even heat over the entire cooking area, and devise a means to stop any flare ups and be fully controllable
- Incorporate a system that will also function as a infrared oven, in the way of a traditional wood fired stove such as the AGA, that produces tastier and juicier food.
- Act as a true multi-function appliance, so the consumer needs only one outdoor appliance that can act as a pizza oven, outdoor oven, long slow smoker and an exceptional BBQ grill.
- The revolutionary design solution has been refined and improved with patented burner technology. Fundamental to the design is the surface combustion gas fired infrared burners. These are uniquely mounted within the actual grill casing, under the cooking plates. The burners are mounted at an angle that directs the infrared heat evenly over the entire cooking area.As a result of this revolutionary design, the CROSSRAY is able to reach temperatures around 50% higher than a similar sized, traditional gas BBQ.
In fact, the CROSSRAY is the only BBQ that can provide controllable, even heat from 100°C to nearly 350°C. Amazingly, these higher temperatures are achieved while using 50% less gas than a similar sized conventional unit.