Originating from the UK and with a multitude of qualifications, including a Bachelor of Arts, Masters in Architecture, and an Open Builder’s License, Sarah Waller has a passion for architecture and design that is all-encompassing — especially when it comes to swimming pools.
“When I was growing up in the UK, nobody had a pool. And while they’re commonplace in Australia, I still see them as a luxury,” she says. “Consequently, I put a lot of time into designing the pool to ensure it flows with the overall build and is a cohesive part of the house.”
Revered for her jaw-dropping resort-style projects, the multi-award-winning architect recently designed her dream home in Queensland’s Noosa hinterland that includes a stunning 79.86sqm, fully tiled swimming pool. “Two distinct pavilions are linked by a magnificent glass bridge, with the pool being at the center of the design and all of the spaces looking onto it and through to the water beyond,” she shares.
An oxygen-enriched, freshwater swimming experience
Known for embracing new technologies, Sarah opted for Waterco’s Oxiswim hybrid sanitisation system to maintain crystal-clear conditions. A revolutionary breakthrough in water treatment, the dual-sanitisation system combines Perox sanitisers and Perox Safe & Clear to produce a freshwater swimming experience.
“Hydrogen peroxide and chlorine dioxide are scientifically proven to sanitize water far more effectively than chlorine alone,” explains Oxiswim inventor Nick Briscoe. “The combined power of these two sanitizers provides an oxygen-rich environment that is exceptionally efficient in neutralizing pathogens.”
Oxiswim is not only ideal for swimmers with sensitive skin due to its low chlorine levels, but also provides pool owners with a dual sanitization solution with a simple flick of a switch. “We’ll use the freshwater option during the peak swimming season and switch over to the chlorine option in the colder months to reduce off-season costs,” she says.
Control over costs and ongoing maintenance
Oxiswim combines the most practical ways to sanitize swimming pools, giving pool owners the ultimate control. This revolutionary hybrid sanitisation system produces two different yet highly effective options — and brings a number of cost, convenience, and health-related benefits.
• In-built pH dosing pump perfectly balances pool water
• Compatible with new or existing pools
• Low-maintenance technology in a simple package
• Less corrosive to pool equipment and surrounds
• Easily switches between chlorine and freshwater experience
• Easy to use; runs with minimal guidance
• Can be retrofitted to an existing saltwater chlorinated pool
•Mineral-rich blend creates silky swimming conditions
• Gentle formulation has virtually no taste or smell
• Soothes common sensitive skin ailments
• Provides relief to muscular inflammation and fatigue
• Prevents common side effects associated with chlorinated pools, including red eyes and dry, itchy skin
• Freshwater mode produces an asthma-friendly option
• Can be used in combination with Waterco’s Mineral Crystals
or Mineral Vitale ranges
For more information,