THE SMITH & SONS HOME RENOVATION PROCESS: Design – Plan – Construct
Whether you’ve already embarked on a renovation journey and have a set of plans you’d like built, or the only thing you know is that renovating sounds like a great idea, Smith & Sons can make it happen.
It doesn’t matter where you are in your thought or planning process, you’re in the right place.
Smith & Sons’ unique Design-Plan-Construct procedure was created for people just like you who are looking for answers and need some guidance. By engaging Smith & Sons, you will work with a team of renovation builders and designers all the way through from tossing around ideas, to creating precise designs and costings, to delivery of your stunning new home. Our DPC system ensures that your renovating experience is as easy and streamlined as possible no matter what stage you are currently in—and we do all the work for you.
There are a number of important things that make us stand out from other builders.
- We take the time to learn about you before anything is put on paper—your goals, your lifestyle, your expectations, your budget. Only then can we work with you to achieve what you truly hope for within the budget you have.
- We are completely upfront and open from the beginning. Our detailed cost estimate makes it clear what you’ll have included in your renovation, how much it will cost, and when you’ll move in.
- A dedicated project manager will coordinate your renovation and keep you apprised of the progress along the way. You’ll only need to share your questions, thoughts or concerns with one person, once, before they’re addressed.
- We put the planning in from the start to minimise disruption after the project begins. Once it’s underway, our teams of builders and trades work within your home in a respectful, courteous manner—they also have the flexibility to adapt to unforeseen circumstances that may crop up along the way.
- We’re local. Our builders operate their own family business and so they’re familiar with your neighbourhood and property market.
- We’re renovation specialists with a strong reputation and a large family of trusted builders. Our teams thrive on the unique challenges each and every renovation brings—it’s why they do what they do.
While the design phase is very exciting, it does require a great deal of consideration. It is vitally important that your home works for you and your family exactly the way you want it to because that’s what this is all about, right?
The work we put in here determines the home you’ll be living in into the future. It’s for this reason that we will be asking a lot of questions. How do you live in your home now? In a perfect scenario what would you like to achieve? Do you want more space, privacy, light, practicality, floorplan flow, storage, flexibility? How do you anticipate your family’s needs changing in the future? The more we know about you, the better the final result, so be prepared for in-depth chats over coffee and biscuits.
Together we will explore and discuss ideas, designs, materials, finishes, colours and all the small things that will mean we get it right from the beginning. At the end of the design process we will have a clear design set out for your proposed renovation and from this we will provide you an initial estimate on the investment required to make it happen.
The planning phase is where we work out how to make the design a reality. The first phase determined the what, this is where we determine the how and fine tune the details. The design specifications are scrutinised by engineers to ensure that each element is technically possible and that the entire renovation complies with structural and safety regulations.
There are no shortcuts here. Your new home must stand the test of time and you and your family feel assured that all details have been checked and double-checked.
Once we know that all works can be conducted safely, on a sturdy foundation, we initiate the final drawings. These are highly technical, and for good reason, they are the blueprint for exactly how your renovation will come together and it is critical that everything is millimetre perfect. The drawings are then passed on to council or city certifiers who determine that the building will be up to scratch and comply with all local laws and requirements.
Once the drawings have passed certification the most exciting phase begins—construction.
All the planning now comes to fruition. During the renovation of your home you will have a single point of contact so that the line of communication remains clear and direct. Any thoughts, ideas or concerns you have need only be expressed once and then we’ll take the appropriate action.
Remember, our experienced renovation builders have done this many times and we’re here to lead you through the process. We also know that you’re likely to be brand new to the renovation game so no concern on your part is too small and no question too silly.
Our job is done when we pack up and leave you with a new home, an improved lifestyle, and a huge smile on your face. This is where you start reaping all the benefits we’ve worked for together while we move on, knowing we’ve built a beautiful home and great relationships along the way.
For more information