A laminate that makes a statement
Having lived with an awkward U-shaped kitchen for many years, the owners of this home decided it was time to make better use of the kitchen and living area. They enlisted the professional team at Let’s Talk Kitchens for the project with the directive to make a splash in the space.
Designer Markus Sawatzki had more than a few tricks up his sleeve and was ready to transform the space. There was one feature that stood out more than the others: a sheen laminate by Polytec in Ash Zebrano was applied to the cabinet doors and panels to deliver an eye-catching punch of vibrancy to the area. The bold gloss laminate arrests attention and its modern, high-contrast woodgrain is complemented beautifully by the seamless Corian benchtops.
Behind the scenes, internal hardware has been fitted to ensure the kitchen is as functional as it is striking. All cabinets conceal a series of practical Blum Tandembox drawers, pull-out systems and revolving units to make the best possible use of space and increase accessibility and storage.
Let’s Talk Kitchens has delivered a project that performs in more ways than one — while the striking sheen laminate puts on a show, the innovative hardware keeps it all running smoothly.
- DOORS Polytec Meltec sheen laminate in Ash Zebrano
- INTERNAL HARDWARE Blum Tandembox drawers, Revo 90 lazy Susan, Vauth-Sagel pull-out pantry units
- HANDLES Kethy Latina stainless steel
- BENCHTOP Corian solid surface in Clam Shell
- SPLASHBACK Starfire glass by GH Glass
- KICKBOARDS Brushed steel
- COST, approximately, for design, manufacture, installation, plumbing and electrical, $35,000
The kitchen was designed by Markus Sawatzki and built by Let’s Talk Kitchens