This six-step guide will have you soaking up the daily rewards of your dream bathroom in no time
- Decide on what you’d like to change about your existing bathroom and be clear about your immediate needs, while thinking about any possible lifestyle changes in the future. List your must-haves and “lust”-haves. You can even compile a scrapbook.
- Measure everything: walls, windows, doors, spaces, ceiling heights, doorway widths, plumbing, storage spaces and toilets. Plot the outline of your bathroom on graph paper (a scale of 10cm to 1m works well) including all windows, doors and outlets. Cut out shapes representing things you’ll be adding to see how they fit, and play with different layouts.
- Once you’ve worked out your plan, you need to decide on a budget. With full renovations, the trick is to select a theme to match your spend. Alternatively, you can go for a partial makeover by freshening up less expensive items.
- Bunnings has a range of fully coordinated looks to help you decide on a style that
best suits your home, aims and budget. Take note of all product details, including dimensions and installation requirements, so you can advise your installer. Available at Bunnings in Spring/Summer 2015, the Loft bathroom range showcases the latest in luxury lighting and fabulous metallic tiles.
- At certain stages during your project, you’ll need to call in professional help such as a licensed plumber, carpenter, electrician, tiler or flooring specialist. If you go to a building or renovation firm, they’ll have a team of contractors. Otherwise, you might find a multi-skilled contractor who can do the lot.
- It’s important to keep a keen eye on your project’s progress to ensure you’re happy with the quality of work. It’s also a good time to think about finishing touches you might add to create extra colour, texture and warmth.
Read more about bunnings kitchen designs here.
For more information
More than 200 stores Australia-wide
Open Seven days. Check website for local store hours