Waterco’s new, energy efficient Hydrochlor MK3 Mineral Chlorinator enhances chlorine production whilst reducing energy consumption, creating a pool that’s easier to maintain than a traditionally chlorinated pool
This latest edition to Waterco’s award-winning, environmentally-friendly EnviroPro pool care range, which is suitable for pools using salt chlorination and Waterco’s Mineral Crystals, keeps the water sanitised and safe for swimmers.
“The main function of the Hydrochlor MK3 is to produce chlorine to sanitise the pool water,” says Water Treatment Product Manager Victor Quijada. “Pool water, which contains dissolved mineral crystals and pool salt, passes over Hydrochlor’s chlorinator cell. This in turn splits the salt into its basic components, one being chlorine.”
While the MK3 Hydrochlor works with standard salt pools, Waterco’s engineers designed it to work in synergy with its Mineral Crystals range, effectively transforming backyard pools into a therapeutic oasis.
“Adding Waterco’s Mineral Crystals to pool water enables you to experience the health benefits of bathing in magnesium enriched water,” Victor explains. “Magnesium has been recognised by medical professionals and consumers all over the world for its ability to alleviate a variety of ailments relating to the skin, muscles, and nervous system.
“Mineral Crystals not only improve pool water with a blend of naturally occurring minerals, but also moisturise your skin as you swim. In fact, the common effects associated with swimming in a chlorinated pool, including red eyes and dry skin, are significantly relieved with Mineral Crystals.
“Its gentle formulation has little to no taste and can be used in any type of pool.”
Special features of Waterco’s new Hydrochlor MK3 Mineral Chlorinator:
- Dual-pool solution – suitable for pools using salt chlorination and Waterco’s Mineral Crystals
- Energy Saving – features the latest Switch Mode Power Technology to increase energy efficiency by over 50 per cent, significantly reducing power consumption and therefore energy bills. Hydrochlor draws less current and this translates to high power conversion and less energy wastage, without compromising chlorine output.
- Intelligent – a Power Pack intelligently recognises the size of the connected chlorinator cell and automatically adjusts its power output to suit.
- Salt Level Protection – an alarm indicates when salt levels in the pool water are too high or too low. If the pool is running beyond the maximum recommended salt level, the chlorinator will limit its output to protect the chlorinator cell.
- Easy-to-use Timer with Battery Backup – Hydrochlor includes an in-built, easy to use timer equipped with battery backup, which will maintain settings for up to 150 hours.
- No Flow detection – if no water flow is detected in the chlorinator cell, Hydrochlor automatically switches off the chlorine production to protect the chlorinator cell, and activates the No Flow LED indicator.
“Hydrochlor’s automated self-cleaning technology cleverly reverses its polarity to detect and clean calcium build-up off its electrodes,” Victor adds. “This helps increase the lifespan of the chlorinator and reduces the cost involves in repairing and repairing it.”