Poppit brand – “The Healthy Alternative”, a chlorine and bromine free system for people concerned about asthma, sensitive skin and the environment.
The incidence of asthma is growing at an alarming rate. It is reported that 1 in 4 school age children now suffer with the ailment and in Australia and New Zealand. People with allergies also account for 40% of the population. These days, most progressive households use allergy free pillows and use non-residual room deodorants – but what about spas, spa baths and swimming pools? It is now possible to use a product that is safe and effective for all spa users, inclusive of asthmatics and allergy suffers.
Why use Poppits Non-Chlorine, Non-Bromine products?
SAFER FOR ASTHMATICS AND THOSE WITH SENSITIVE SKIN
- Nationally over two million people have an asthma condition and the trend is doubling every 15 years.
- Also, 1 in 4 primary children have asthma – 1 in 7 adolescents have asthma, 1 in 10 adults have asthma.
- 40% of the population have skin allergies – that’s 8 million Australians and 1.65 million New Zealanders.
- The cost to the Australian community is estimated to be in excess of 800 million p.a and 350 millon p.a in New Zealand.
- Asthma is the most common cause of absenteeism in schools.
- Although asthma cannot be cured, it can be managed.
Why Hydrogen Peroxide?
H2O2 —> H2O + O2 (hydrogen peroxide –> water + oxygen)
As simple as it may seem the treatment of contaminated water is as diverse and complicated as the operations from which it comes. In today’s environement, where merely transferring contaminants from one medium to another is no longer acceptable, it is no surprise that a powerful oxidizer that looks like water — in it’s appeareance, chemical formula and reaction products — should be so widely used. This is hydrogen peroxide (H202) — a powerful yet versatile oxidant that is both safe and effective.
Powerful – H202 is one of the most powerful oxidizers known — stronger than chlorine, chlorine dioxide, and potassium permanganate. And through catalysis, H202 can be converted into hydroxyl radicals ( OH) with reactivity second only to flourine.
Safe – Despite its power, H2O2 is a natural metabolite of many organisms, which decompose the H2O2 they produce into oxygen and water. H2O2 is also formed by the action of sunlight on water — a natural purification system for our environment. Consequently, H2O2 has none of the problems of gaseous release or chemical odours.
For more information on the Poppits range, click here.
For more information
Waterco 36 South Street, Rydalmere NSW 2116
Phone 02 9898 8686